A basic rule of thumb is - if it is specifically made for golf then it will be acceptable. Clothing must be clean and smart, respect the traditions of SAOL and not cause offence to Members or Guests.
IN THE CLUBHOUSE
• Tailored trousers or knee length shorts are acceptable; the definition of ‘tailored’ is that the garment must have a fly (button or zip) and belt hoop. Shorts are not permitted in the Dining Room after 8pm (Gentlemen only).
• Jeans (smart, clean, not faded or torn worn with collared shirt or golf shirt are allowed in the Clubhouse until 6.00pm and thereafter only in the Bar or Markland Room.
• Shirts should have a collar (unless a turtle neck designed for golf) and be tucked in, unless specifically designed to be worn outside a belt.
• Tracksuits, cargo/combat pants, t-shirts, football shirts and shirts with large logos or slogans are not allowed unless the “Relaxed Casual Dress Code” is permitted at specific social/private functions.
• Clean shoes must be worn in the clubhouse at all times (gentlemen must wear socks):
ON THE COURSE
• The wearing on the course of denims, jeans and tee shirts are all prohibited unless approved for a family golf day.
• Recognised golfing attire including turtle neck shirts and tailored shorts and sports socks specifically made for golf.
• Shirts should not be worn outside trousers, unless designed for that purpose. Shirts must have a collar.
• Shoes should be specifically designed for golf.
• Should any doubt exist, reference should be made to The Professional or Secretary’s Office.
Click here to view a downloadable/printable copy of the Club's Dress Code.