Terms and Conditions of Entry 2023
- All Open Competitions listed on this form are limited to amateur golfers with active playing handicaps of recognised golf clubs. Valid CDH numbers are required at the time of booking.
- Players must have at least 3 scores on their WHS record in the 2023 calendar year to be eligible to win a prize.
- Starting times and confirmation of entry will be emailed to the competitor whose details are on the booking and it will be his/her responsibility to notify their playing partners (where applicable).
- The Club reserves the right to refuse entry without providing a reason.
- There will be no prize presentations for any open competition. Winners will be notified and prize vouchers will be posted. Results will be viewable online the following day.
- Competitors will be made temporary members of the Club for the day of the event.
- All disputes will be settled by the Competitions Committee whose decision will be final.
- In the event of a tie, the rules of the Lancashire Union of Golf Club’s will apply.
- All competitors are expected to abide by the Club’s Dress Code which can be found on the Club website.
- Mobile phones are not permitted on the course, unless being used specifically as a distance measuring device or in an emergency. They may be used in designated areas of the Clubhouse.
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be made no less than 4 weeks in advance of the competition to receive an automatic refund. If the cancellation is within 4 weeks of the competition, a full refund will only be granted if the tee time is subsequently filled by another entrant.
- Bookings are transferrable, therefore should you or another team member be unable to play, you may replace them with another player. This can be done by emailing
email@example.com with the name of the player to be removed, along with the replacement’s name and CDH number.
- Those booking more than one tee time in a pairs/team open must inform the Secretary no less than a week in advance of the competition if they wish to switch their pairings/teams around. Those sending the changes less than a week in advance may result in the changes not being applied. If this is the case, the original pairings/teams will stand.
- Course Closure: If an open competition fails to go ahead due to course closure (eg. From bad weather), you will receive a full refund of the entry fee paid, or your entry will be transferred to another competition subject to availability. If a closure occurs during a 36-hole event, there will be no refunds providing the first 18 holes is completed by all competitors. In this instance, the competition would stand as an 18-hole event. If a course closure occurs during an 18-hole competition, providing more than half of the field have completed the round, the result will stand. In this case the remaining players would receive a full or partial refund dependent on the circumstances. If less than half the field had completed the round before the closure, the competition would be abandoned and either rearranged, or a refund would be provided.
- Players entering individual competitions will not be permitted to play with 2 other players from the same golf club. The Club reserves the right to alter the tee times if this occurs.
- Players wanting to enter a competition who are outside the playing handicaps required (eg. 3-9 in the Old Links Trophy) will be added to a waiting list and if the competition has spaces a week in advance, these players will be offered a tee time.